The Panama College of Cell Science offers the world’s only 3 year online PhD degree program in Stem Cell Biology, focusing on the “new medicine” that is patient specific stem cell therapy.
We were the first program, starting in 2005, and we are still the best stem cell biology program in the world.
With the combined effects of the 21st Century Cures Act mandating the fast tracking of biological cures, combined with the FDA moratorium on stem cell regulation, the development of stem cell therapies using a patient’s own stem cells in the US has been proceeding at a fever’s pitch. After being contained for many years while international treatment centers paved the way, many US institutions, including the famed Mayo Clinic, as well as many individual physicians are moving rapidly to adopt this new therapy.
Stem Cell Therapy is actually becoming morphed into “Mixed Cell Regenerative Medicine” with the recognition that cell fractions collected from blood or abdominal fatty tissue are actually a mixture of many kinds of cells; as well as the very popular use of “Platelet Rich Fraction” containing stem cell growth factors but no cells.
An good example of what is occurring is this review paper [In Press] “Platelet Rich Plasma and Stromal Vascular Fraction as Therapeutic Agents for Pain Management: A Primer for Physicians”
which you can read here: Hicks A Physicians Primer
2019 will be known as the “watershed year” for the development of adult stem cell therapy in the United States.
The Panama College of Cell Science has totally revised its curriculum for its online Ph.D. degree in stem cell biology, incorporating all of these new developments. Our graduate students will learn:
- What is the Platelet Rich Fraction (PRP)
- Step by Step collection and isolation of the PRP and specific protocols for patient treatment
- What is Stromal Vascular Fraction (SVF)
- Step by Step collection and isolation of SVF and specific protocols for patient treatment
- How to boost the collection of adequate numbers of stem cells using Neupogen
- Why adequate numbers of stem cells are needed for a therapeutic result and what those numbers are
- The importance of the Paired MIce Experiment demonstrating that it is serum growth and stimulatory factors that resulted in stimulating existing stem cells in an aged mouse, not the transfer of youthful stem cells themselves
- How to set up a small lab in a physician’s office for the collection and isolation of stem cells and PRP from a patient- we give you the specifics of equipment and procedures with step by step video instruction.
- Step by step video instruction for the collection of abdominal fatty tissue via liposuction, and the isolation of SVF from the collected adipose tissue.
- Current developments and herbal products for stimulating higher production of in vivo stem cells
- A review of what is happening at the best international adult stem cell treatment centers
- And much more…the most thorough, up to date, all inclusive study of the use of adult stem cell fractions in therapy today
- That’s why we call our program: Hot Biology!!!
Please browse our website at: https://panamacollegeofcellscience.org/
And then come join us as we explore and learn about this fascinating new biology.
If you are a high school graduate interested in biology, please inquire about our fast track combined B.S./Ph.D. which can be completed online in 5 years. We feel that the stem cell biology is currently the most sought after specialty biology subject.
Panama College of Cell Science
The First and Only Online PhD Program in Stem Cell Biology
And Also The Best